FantasyReader

Traditional Fantasy

Reviews of books traditionally from the Fantasy genre, not Romance, and some science fiction.

So, this is happening

Rogues - Patrick Rothfuss, Gillian Flynn, Gardner R. Dozois, George R.R. Martin, Neil Gaiman

Why did I buy this collection after already buying and reading one of the stories contained therein?

Well, it was put together by George R.R. Martin and a story related to his Ice and Fire series was also included. I don't mind that Neil Gaiman got an extra buck off me. His story led me to the collection. It was also on sale at the time, or maybe it's kept permanently cheap. http://www.amazon.com/Rogues-George-R-Martin/dp/0345537262/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447676983&sr=8-1&keywords=rogues+martin

In any case, there are stories from several other authors, some I've heard of and some I haven't. I don't often buy anthologies, but this one has already paid for itself with the Martin story. It was more of a chronicle of ruling families of Westeros, especially the Targaryens, but it was worth every penny.

I will read the other stories, but when the mood strikes me. Don't look for a review of the book as a whole because this is as close as I plan to do one. There are some authors I've wanted to try included so I'll look at it as a sampler to dip into when I want a short read.